The automaker sold 180,350 vehicles in April. Fiesta sales fell 44% to 5,135; Escape sales fell 20% to 16,896; Lincoln brand sales fell 12.8% to 6,308.
F-Series sales rose 4.4% to 47,453, the best April since 2007. Fusion sales rose 2% to a record April level of 21,610, while Edge sales rose 12.4% to an April record 10,520. Focus sales rose 13% to 19,425.
Edmunds.com said Tuesday that Ford and Nissan were the only major manufacturers to drop incentive spending from March to April. Ford incentives per vehicle fell 12.6% month to month, but ticked up 0.8% year over year, Edmunds said. Also, Ford said the number of selling days in April declined to 24 from 27 in the same month a year earlier.-- Written by Ted Reed in Charlotte, N.C. >To contact the writer of this article, click here: Ted Reed >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/tedreednc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV