NEEDHAM, Mass. ( TheStreet) -- A clerical error has cost Celldex Therapeutics (CLDX) the opportunity to present data on its breast cancer drug CDX-011 at the upcoming American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) annual meeting.
This is hard to believe, but someone at Celldex clicked a wrong box on ASCO's online abstract submission form. As a result, ASCO rejected the CDX-011 abstract. Celldex appealed but ASCO refused to make an exception, the company says.
With its ASCO invite revoked, Celldex has decided to hold a webcast on May 23 at which topline results from the phase II study of CDX-011 in advanced breast cancer will be made public. Dr. Linda Vahdat of Weill Cornell Medical College and the principal investigator of the CDX-011 study will speak on the Celldex call.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV