AUSTIN, Texas, May 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- With Mother's Day around the corner, daughters and sons search for the perfect way to show they care. As spring turns into summer, colorful blooms are a great way to celebrate how moms selflessly give to those around them and brighten up their lives.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/46971-whole-foods-market-happy-mother-s-day-with-whole-trade-flowers
Whole Trade flowers from Whole Foods Market® have many of the same characteristics that Mom does – they're not only beautiful, but they keep on giving. Whole Foods Market's Whole Trade Guarantee ensures that growers get equitable wages and working conditions while also caring for the environment. Additionally, funds from Whole Trade Guarantee sale support community development projects in the countries products are sourced from, such as schools, education programs and health services. Send a sweet message to Mom this Mother's Day or any day with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers and not only make her day, make someone else's too.FACTS:
- Whole Trade Guarantee means growers pay fair wages, provide safe working conditions, care for the environment and meet Whole Foods Market's high quality standards.
- Through the purchases by its shoppers, Whole Foods Market has provided millions of dollars in social premiums for Whole Trade flowers.
- "When shoppers purchase a bouquet of Whole Trade Guarantee flowers for their mom or a loved one, they're not only getting beautiful, high-quality blooms, but their purchases help make a difference in the lives of the people who grow them." - John Walker, senior global produce coordinator, Whole Foods Market
- "Whole Foods Market has not only sought out the finest roses in south America for mother's day but is paying a 10 percent premium to improve the lives of flower workers, most of whom are women and many of whom are mothers themselves. In fact, WFM was the first U.S. retailer to generate $1 million in Community Development Premiums which has funded hundreds of scholarships for children and adults, provided micro loans for small businesses, cancer screening for women and decent housing for the community." - Paul Rice, president and CEO, Fair Trade USA
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV