ST. GEORGE, Utah, April 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SkyWest Airlines, a subsidiary of SkyWest, Inc. (NASDAQ: SKYW), is the proud recipient of Bombardier's 2011 Annual Airline Reliability Performance Award. Topping the CRJ100/200 product category for the North America region, SkyWest took the prestigious title for the second year running and for the fourth time in the last five years. SkyWest earned the title in the same product and region category in 2007, 2008 and 2010. The airline also received top honors for overall dispatch reliability.
"This award recognizes the caliber of SkyWest's professionals throughout our operation," said President and COO Russell "Chip" Childs. "I am extremely proud of our unparalleled team of more than 11,000 who work together to safely complete more than 1,700 flights every day."
Todd Young, vice president of customer services and support for Bombardier Commercial Aircraft, added "Congratulations to your management team and to all the employees that contribute tirelessly to SkyWest's operational excellence."
Bombardier's reliability award recognizes operators of Q-Series turboprops and CRJ regional jets that logged dispatch reliability rates of 99% or better throughout the year.SkyWest Airlines celebrates forty years of flight in 2012. As a leading air service provider offering global access to millions of people each month, SkyWest partners with the world's largest network carriers including United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, US Airways and Alaska Airlines. With a fleet of 316 aircraft, SkyWest's more than 11,000 aviation professionals operate more than 1,700 flights each day to 158 destinations throughout North America. SkyWest has also been awarded the FAA's AMT Gold Award for maintenance training four times, most recently in 2011. SkyWest also received the AMT Diamond award in 2006. The airline is headquartered in St. George, Utah. SOURCE SkyWest Airlines
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV