On a consolidated basis, the following information highlights the key growth strategies, projections and certain assumptions for the company:
- Earnings per common share for 2012, diluted, are projected in the range of $1.00 to $1.25. The company expects the approximate percentage of 2012 earnings per common share by quarter to be:
- Second quarter - 15 percent
- Third quarter - 35 percent
- Fourth quarter - 30 percent
- Although near term market conditions are uncertain, the company's long-term compound annual growth goals on earnings per share from operations are in the range of 7 percent to 10 percent.
- The company continually seeks opportunities to expand through strategic acquisitions and organic growth opportunities.
- Estimated capital expenditures for 2012 are approximately $700 million.
Exploration and Production
|Three Months Ended|
(Dollars in millions, where applicable)
|Operation and maintenance:|
|Lease operating costs||18.5||18.0|
|Gathering and transportation||4.3||5.7|
|Depreciation, depletion and amortization||36.8||34.2|
|Taxes, other than income:|
|Production and property taxes||9.5||10.1|
|Natural gas (MMcf)||10,047||11,758|
|Total production (MBOE)||2,632||2,762|
|Average realized prices (including hedges):|
|Oil (per barrel)||$||76.71||$||72.98|
|Natural gas (per Mcf)||$||2.63||$||3.86|
|Average realized prices (excluding hedges):|
|Oil (per barrel)||$||84.62||$||79.24|
|Natural gas (per Mcf)||$||1.94||$||3.39|
|Average depreciation, depletion and amortization rate, per BOE||$||13.32||$||11.76|
|Production costs, including taxes, per BOE:|
|Lease operating costs||$||7.02||$||6.52|
|Gathering and transportation||1.63||2.05|
|Production and property taxes||3.62||3.65|
|• Oil includes crude oil, condensate and natural gas liquids.|
|• Beginning with first quarter results, reporting barrel of oil equivalents rather than million cubic feet equivalents, based on a 6:1 ratio.|
Earnings at this segment were $12.9 million for the first quarter of 2012, compared to $16.3 million in 2011. This decrease reflects 32 percent lower average realized natural gas prices, decreased natural gas production of 15 percent, as well as higher depreciation, depletion and amortization expense. These decreases were partially offset by increased oil production of 19 percent and 5 percent higher average realized oil prices. The combined oil and natural gas pricing earnings effect was a negative $6.5 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV