By The Associated Press(equals)
The Dow Jones industrial average slipped 14.68 points to close at 13,213.63. The Nasdaq composite fell 22.84 points to 3,046.36. The Standard & Poor's 500 index slipped 5.45 points to close at 1,397.91.
Benchmark U.S. crude lost 6 cents to end at $104.87 per barrel in New York. Brent crude, which is used to price oil imported into the U.S., lost 36 cents to end at $119.47 per barrel in London.In other energy trading, heating oil was flat, finishing at $3.1834 per gallon, while gasoline futures fell by 2.18 cents to end at $3.1844 per gallon. Natural gas futures rose 9.9 cents to end the day at $2.285 per 1,000 cubic feet, the highest since March 21.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV