American Water Works Co Inc (AWK): Today's Featured Utilities Loser
American Water Works (AWK) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, American Water Works fell 34 cents (-1%) to $34.24 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of American Water Works exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 879,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $34.04-$34.55 after having opened the day at $34.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.58. Other company's within the Utilities sector that declined today were: GreenHunter Energy (GRH), down 9.1%, Pure Cycle Corporation (PCYO), down 8.4%, China Hydroelectric Corporation (CHC), down 3.3%, and Ellomay Capital (ELLO), down 3.1%. American Water Works Company, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides water and wastewater services to residential, commercial, industrial, public, and other customers in the United States and Canada. American Water Works has a market cap of $6.03 billion and is part of the utilities industry. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate American Water Works a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates American Water Works as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full American Water Works Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV