Siemens AG (SI): Today's Featured Telecommunications Loser
Siemens (SI) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Siemens fell 54 cents (-0.6%) to $92.87 on light volume. Throughout the day, 293,960 shares of Siemens exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 850,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $92.41-$93.61 after having opened the day at $93.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $93.41. Other company's within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: TeleCommunication Systems (TSYS), down 8.5%, Telenav (TNAV), down 5.8%, Globalstar Incorporated (GSAT), down 5.3%, and Alvarion (ALVR), down 5.2%. Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, an electronics and electrical engineering company, operates in the industry, energy, healthcare, and infrastructure and cities sectors worldwide. Siemens has a market cap of $81.57 billion and is part of the technology sector. Currently there are four analysts that rate Siemens a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Siemens as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Siemens Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV