Telefonica SA (TEF): Today's Featured Technology Loser
Telefonica (TEF) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Telefonica fell 43 cents (-2.9%) to $14.63 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.3 million shares of Telefonica exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $14.55-$14.85 after having opened the day at $14.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.06. Other company's within the Technology sector that declined today were: Vimicro International Corporation (VIMC), down 13.5%, Nam Tai Electronics (NTE), down 11.6%, Groupon (GRPN), down 10.6%, and Aetrium Incorporated (ATRM), down 10%. Telefonica, S.A. provides fixed and mobile telephony services primarily in Spain, Latin America, and rest of Europe. Telefonica has a market cap of $67.64 billion and is part of the telecommunications industry. Currently there is one analyst that rates Telefonica a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Telefonica as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, attractive valuation levels and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally poor debt management, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Telefonica Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV