CarMax Inc. (KMX): Today's Featured Specialty Retail Loser
CarMax (KMX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, CarMax fell 43 cents (-1.4%) to $30.87 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.9 million shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $30.86-$31.27 after having opened the day at $31.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.30. Other company's within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: West Marine (WMAR), down 5.6%, Office Depot (ODP), down 5%, OfficeMax (OMX), down 4.5%, and Netflix (NFLX), down 4.3%. CarMax, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a retailer of used vehicles in the United States. It also sells vehicles that do not meet its retail standards to licensed dealers through on-site wholesale auctions, as well as sells new vehicles under franchise agreements. CarMax has a market cap of $7.11 billion and is part of the services sector. Currently there are nine analysts that rate CarMax a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CarMax as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full CarMax Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV