Weyerhaeuser (WY) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Weyerhaeuser fell 49 cents (-2.4%) to $20.36 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.1 million shares of Weyerhaeuser exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.32-$20.78 after having opened the day at $20.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.85. Other company's within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: American Spectrum Realty (AQQ), down 10.9%, China Housing & Land Development (CHLN), down 10.4%, American Realty Investors (ARL), down 6.1%, and Preferred Apartment Communities (APTS), down 4.3%. Weyerhaeuser Company, a forest products company, grows and harvests trees, builds homes, and manufactures forest products worldwide. It grows and harvests trees for use as lumber, other wood and building products, and pulp and paper. Weyerhaeuser has a market cap of $11.21 billion and is part of the financial sector. Currently there are two analysts that rate Weyerhaeuser a buy, four analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Weyerhaeuser as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Weyerhaeuser Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about WY
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV