Prudential Financial (PRU) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Prudential Financial fell 83 cents (-1.4%) to $60.54 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Prudential Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of three million shares. The stock ranged in price between $60.28-$61.13 after having opened the day at $60.99 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.37. Other company's within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Crawford & Company (CRD.B), down 7.4%, Crawford & Company (CRD.A), down 4.3%, Radian Group (RDN), down 4%, and First Acceptance Corporation (FAC), down 3.8%. Prudential Financial, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides various financial products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, and investment management services in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Prudential Financial has a market cap of $28.8 billion and is part of the financial sector. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Prudential Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Prudential Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income, attractive valuation levels, impressive record of earnings per share growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PRU
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV