Humana (HUM) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Humana fell $7.14 (-8.1%) to $80.68 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7.3 million shares of Humana exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $79.60-$83.90 after having opened the day at $82.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $87.82. Other company's within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Hologic (HOLX), down 9.9%, Five Star Quality Care Incorporated (FVE), down 9%, NeurogesX (NGSX), down 8.8%, and Biodel (BIOD), down 7.7%. Humana Inc. operates as a health care company that offers a range of insurance products and health and wellness services that incorporate an integrated approach to lifelong well-being. Humana has a market cap of $14.62 billion and is part of the health services industry. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Humana a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Humana as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Humana Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HUM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV