Anadarko Petroleum (APC) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Anadarko Petroleum fell 58 cents (-0.8%) to $73.21 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.1 million shares of Anadarko Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of four million shares. The stock ranged in price between $72.41-$73.82 after having opened the day at $73.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.79. Other company's within the Energy industry that declined today were: GeoPetro Resources Company (GPR), down 19.6%, Houston American Energy Corporation (HUSA), down 11.5%, Arabian American Development Company (ARSD), down 10.3%, and U.S. Energy (USEG), down 6.1%. Anadarko Petroleum Corporation engages in the exploration, development, production, and marketing of natural gas, crude oil, condensate, and natural gas liquids(NGLs) in the United States, Algeria, and internationally. Anadarko Petroleum has a market cap of $37.48 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Currently there are 20 analysts that rate Anadarko Petroleum a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Anadarko Petroleum as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Anadarko Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about APC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV