BRF - Brasil Foods (BRFS) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, BRF - Brasil Foods fell 69 cents (-3.6%) to $18.43 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.3 million shares of BRF - Brasil Foods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $18.26-$18.64 after having opened the day at $18.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.12. Other company's within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: Shiner International (BEST), down 15.9%, Tenneco (TEN), down 14.6%, VeriFone Systems (PAY), down 12.5%, and Tofutti Brands (TOF), down 10.5%. BRF - Brasil Foods S.A., together with its subsidiaries, engages in raising, producing, and slaughtering poultry, pork, and beef in Brazil and internationally. BRF - Brasil Foods has a market cap of $16.61 billion and is part of the food & beverage industry. Currently there are three analysts that rate BRF - Brasil Foods a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates BRF - Brasil Foods as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full BRF - Brasil Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about BRFS
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV