Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation (CTSH): Today's Featured Computer Software & Services Loser
Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation (CTSH) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Software & Services loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation fell 68 cents (-0.9%) to $73.30 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $72.88-$74 after having opened the day at $73.87 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.98. Other company's within the Computer Software & Services industry that declined today were: American Reprographics Company (ARC), down 8.1%, icad (ICAD), down 8%, Camelot Information Systems (CIS), down 7.8%, and Sonic Foundry (SOFO), down 7.4%. Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation provides information technology (IT), consulting, and business process outsourcing services in North America, Europe, and internationally. Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation has a market cap of $22.34 billion and is part of the technology sector. Currently there are 18 analysts that rate Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Cognizant Technology Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV