Monsanto Company (MON) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Monsanto Company fell $1.66 (-2.1%) to $76.18 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.7 million shares of Monsanto Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $75.90-$78 after having opened the day at $77.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.84. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: LyondellBasell Industries (LYB), down 8.6%, Lizhan Environmental (LZEN), down 8.5%, Sino Clean Energy (SCEI), down 6.4%, and Braskem (BAK), down 3.5%. Monsanto Company, together with its subsidiaries, provides agricultural products for farmers in the United States and internationally. It operates in two segments, Seeds and Genomics, and Agricultural Productivity. Monsanto Company has a market cap of $41.04 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Monsanto Company a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and seven rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Monsanto Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Monsanto Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MON
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV