Total SA (TOT): Today's Featured Basic Materials Loser
Total (TOT) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Total fell 27 cents (-0.6%) to $48.11 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.3 million shares of Total exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $47.72-$48.18 after having opened the day at $47.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.38. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Anooraq Resources Corporation (ANO), down 20%, GeoPetro Resources Company (GPR), down 19.6%, Pacific Booker Minerals (PBM), down 14.4%, and Houston American Energy Corporation (HUSA), down 11.5%. TOTAL S.A., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated oil and gas company worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Chemicals. Total has a market cap of $114.34 billion and is part of the energy industry. Currently there are five analysts that rate Total a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Total as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels, growth in earnings per share and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full Total Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV