PACCAR Inc (PCAR): Today's Featured Automotive Loser
PACCAR (PCAR) pushed the Automotive industry lower today making it today's featured Automotive loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.8%. By the end of trading, PACCAR fell 78 cents (-1.8%) to $42.95 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of PACCAR exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $42.62-$43.65 after having opened the day at $43.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $43.73. Other company's within the Automotive industry that declined today were: Tenneco (TEN), down 14.6%, China Automotive Systems (CAAS), down 6.3%, Meritor (MTOR), down 5.5%, and Superior Industries International (SUP), down 5.5%. PACCAR Inc, together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and distributes light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks and related aftermarket parts worldwide. PACCAR has a market cap of $15.38 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. Currently there are seven analysts that rate PACCAR a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and eight rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PACCAR as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full PACCAR Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV