Frontline (FRO) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Frontline rose 11 cents (1.7%) to $6.55 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Frontline exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $6.46-$6.73 after having opened the day at $6.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.44. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: YRC Worldwide (YRCW), up 11.8%, Excel Maritime Carriers (EXM), up 7.5%, Danaos Corporation (DAC), up 6.8%, and Saia (SAIA), up 4.5%. Frontline Ltd., through its subsidiaries, engages in the ownership and operation of oil tankers and oil/bulk/ore (OBO) carriers. It primarily transports crude oil; and raw materials, such as coal and iron ore. The company's OBO carriers transport dry cargo. Frontline has a market cap of $524.8 million and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 1.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 86% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Frontline a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Frontline as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, generally weak debt management, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Frontline Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about FRO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV