Virgin Media (VMED) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Virgin Media rose 16 cents (0.7%) to $24.61 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.5 million shares of Virgin Media exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $24.15-$24.62 after having opened the day at $24.43 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.45. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Barnes & Noble (BKS), up 51.7%, Books-A-Million (BAMM), up 25.1%, Gen-Probe (GPRO), up 18.7%, and Emmis Communications (EMMS), up 18.3%. Virgin Media Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides entertainment and communications services in the United Kingdom. Virgin Media has a market cap of $7.38 billion and is part of the media industry. Currently there are five analysts that rate Virgin Media a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and one rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Virgin Media as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, generally poor debt management and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Virgin Media Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about VMED
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV