Renaissance Re Holdings (RNR) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Renaissance Re Holdings rose 67 cents (0.9%) to $78.06 on average volume. Throughout the day, 332,540 shares of Renaissance Re Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 305,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $77.13-$78.13 after having opened the day at $77.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.39. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Imperial Holdings (IFT), up 29.8%, Life Partners Holdings (LPHI), up 7.5%, 21st Century Holding Company (TCHC), up 6.5%, and Kingstone Companies (KINS), up 4%. RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, provides reinsurance and insurance products in the United States and internationally. Renaissance Re Holdings has a market cap of $3.99 billion and is part of the financial sector. Currently there are five analysts that rate Renaissance Re Holdings a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Renaissance Re Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Renaissance Re Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about RNR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV