EnerSys Inc. (ENS): Today's Featured Industrial Winner
EnerSys (ENS) pushed the Industrial industry higher today making it today's featured industrial winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, EnerSys rose 35 cents (1%) to $34.95 on average volume. Throughout the day, 325,661 shares of EnerSys exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 409,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.21-$35.17 after having opened the day at $34.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.60. Other companies within the Industrial industry that increased today were: Cleantech Solutions International (CLNT), up 17%, Ballard Power Systems (BLDP), up 7.5%, Presstek (PRST), up 7.4%, and Plug Power (PLUG), up 6.5%. EnerSys manufactures, markets, and distributes industrial batteries in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. It also offers related products, such as chargers, power equipment, and battery accessories, as well as related after-market and customer-support services for industrial batteries. EnerSys has a market cap of $1.64 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. Currently there are seven analysts that rate EnerSys a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates EnerSys as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- You can view the full EnerSys Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV