Boston Beer Company (SAM) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Boston Beer Company rose $3.36 (3.4%) to $103.32 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 176,177 shares of Boston Beer Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 116,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $99.76-$103.92 after having opened the day at $100.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $99.96. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Jones Soda Company (JSDA), up 8.1%, John B. Sanfilippo & Son (JBSS), up 4.6%, Crumbs Bake Shop (CRMB), up 3.4%, and Key Technology (KTEC), up 2.6%. The Boston Beer Company, Inc. engages in the production and sale of alcohol beverages primarily in the United States, Canada, Europe, Israel, the Caribbean, the Pacific Rim, and Mexico. Boston Beer Company has a market cap of $884 million and is part of the consumer goods sector. Currently there are two analysts that rate Boston Beer Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Boston Beer Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- You can view the full Boston Beer Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SAM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV