World Acceptance Corporation (WRLD) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, World Acceptance Corporation rose 50 cents (0.8%) to $66.51 on average volume. Throughout the day, 197,230 shares of World Acceptance Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 145,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $64.80-$66.59 after having opened the day at $65.81 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.01. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: Siebert Financial Corporation (SIEB), up 14.7%, SGOCO Group (SGOC), up 7.5%, Community Bankers Trust Corporation (BTC), up 6.7%, and Rodman & Renshaw Capital Group (RODM), up 6%. World Acceptance Corporation engages in small-loan consumer finance business. It offers short-term small loans, medium-term larger loans, related credit insurance, and ancillary products and services, as well as loans standardized by amount and maturity. World Acceptance Corporation has a market cap of $917.4 million and is part of the financial sector. Currently there are two analysts that rate World Acceptance Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates World Acceptance Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full World Acceptance Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about WRLD
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV