Merck & Co Inc (MRK): Today's Featured Drugs Winner
Merck (MRK) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Merck rose 78 cents (2%) to $39.24 on average volume. Throughout the day, 18.3 million shares of Merck exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $38.59-$39.46 after having opened the day at $38.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $38.46. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Warner Chilcott (WCRX), up 16.1%, NuPathe (PATH), up 15.3%, China Shenghuo Pharmaceutical Holdings (KUN), up 13.5%, and Cleveland BioLabs (CBLI), up 10.9%. Merck & Co., Inc. provides various health solutions through its prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, animal health, and consumer care products. Merck has a market cap of $117.05 billion and is part of the health care sector. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Merck a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Merck as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Merck Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV