Mercadolibre (MELI) pushed the Diversified Services industry higher today making it today's featured diversified services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Mercadolibre rose $1.89 (2%) to $96.74 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 808,202 shares of Mercadolibre exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 485,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $92.71-$99.50 after having opened the day at $95.01 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $94.85. Other companies within the Diversified Services industry that increased today were: Gen-Probe (GPRO), up 18.7%, China HGS Real Estate (HGSH), up 15.6%, American Learning (ALRN), up 12.8%, and Fortune Industries (FFI), up 11.1%. MercadoLibre, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, hosts online commerce and payments platforms in Latin America. Its services are designed to provide its users with mechanisms to buy, sell, pay for, and collect on e-commerce transactions. Mercadolibre has a market cap of $4.08 billion and is part of the services sector. Currently there are four analysts that rate Mercadolibre a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Mercadolibre as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value.
- You can view the full Mercadolibre Ratings Report.
- Use our diversified services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MELI
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV