Williams Partners (WPZ) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Williams Partners rose 31 cents (0.5%) to $57.44 on average volume. Throughout the day, 653,522 shares of Williams Partners exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 696,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.97-$57.75 after having opened the day at $57.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.13. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Penford Corporation (PENX), up 5.2%, TPC Group (TPCG), up 4.9%, Pure Bioscience (PURE), up 3.6%, and Yongye International (YONG), up 3.5%. Williams Partners L.P. focuses on natural gas transportation, gathering, treating and processing, storage, natural gas liquid fractionation, and oil transportation activities in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Gas Pipeline, and Midstream Gas and Liquids. Williams Partners has a market cap of $17.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. Currently there are five analysts that rate Williams Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Williams Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
- You can view the full Williams Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about WPZ
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV