CINCINNATI, April 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) associates working at Smith's Food and Drug and Food 4 Less in Las Vegas, Nevada have ratified a new labor agreement with the United Food and Commercial Workers Local 711.
"We are pleased to reach an agreement that provides our associates more money, high-quality affordable health care and a company-funded pension at retirement," said Mark Tuffin, President of Smith's.
"I want to thank our associates for their patience during this process and for the excellent service they provide every day to our customers and our company," said Bryan Kaltenbach, President of Food 4 Less.
The contract covers 3,657 Smith's associates and 801 Food 4 Less associates. It includes 32 Smith's stores and 14 Food 4 Less stores operating in the Las Vegas area.Kroger, the nation's largest traditional grocery retailer, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,435 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 791 convenience stores, 348 fine jewelry stores, 1,090 supermarket fuel centers and 39 food processing plants in the U.S. Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 125 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information, please visit www.kroger.com. SOURCE The Kroger Co.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV