Avid ® ( NASDAQ: AVID) today announced that it had won multiple awards at the NAB Conference, the largest industry event for broadcasters. Avid took home industry honors for both Interplay® Sphere, a new, cloud-enabled solution giving broadcast news professionals the ability to acquire, access, edit and finish stories from anywhere, as well as for its flagship Media Composer® 6 professional video editing software.
“We’re honored to receive these awards and be recognized for significant innovation spanning highly established products like Media Composer to the next generation of Avid solutions, like Interplay Sphere,” said Kirk Arnold, Chief Operating Officer of Avid. “We believe our solutions help our customers get to air faster, monetize their valuable media assets more effectively, and create the high-impact content that attracts large and loyal audiences. We’re extremely grateful for the awards and excited to help our customers be more successful.”
Avid received the following awards during NAB 2012:
- TV Technology STAR Award: A panel of judges including TV Technology editors, columnists and industry experts awarded Interplay Sphere a STAR award, which honors outstanding technological innovations available to the broadcast industry that help advance the creation, acquisition and distribution of media.
- InBroadcast Editors’ Award, InMedia Category: Interplay Sphere received an inaugural InBroadcast Editors Award for its innovation in broadcast systems. Judges reviewed various MAM, cloud and storage networks at the show to determine Interplay Sphere a winner.
- StudioDaily Prime Award: Media Composer 6 received several awards from StudioDaily in the Post Production – Upgrade category, including Most Integrated Feature Set and Best User Interface/User Experience. A panel of judges, which included StudioDaily contributors, evaluated entries based on innovative use of technology, integrated feature set, ease of use and overall value.
- Digital Video “Best in Show” Black Diamond Award: Media Composer 6 was awarded a “Best in Show” award by Digital Video for outstanding achievement in the advancement of video technology. The award winners were selected unanimously by a panel of editors, engineers, and post professionals to determine the products that best serve the Digital Video community.
During NAB 2012, Avid introduced an unprecedented number of new and upgraded solutions for advanced asset-based workflows. Spanning distributed production, multi-platform distribution, server and storage management, and broadcast graphics, Avid demonstrated how customers in news, sports, TV, and post-production can prepare for the demands of the future. The company also showcased previously released products including Media Composer 6 and Pro Tools® 10 software.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV