Heritage Financial Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: HBOS), the holding company for HeritageBank of the South, today announced unaudited financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2012. Highlights of the Company's results for the first quarter 2012 include:
- Net income of $1.0 million or $0.12 per diluted share compared with net income of $1.2 million or $0.15 per diluted share for the first quarter of 2011;
- Excluding special items for each quarter, net income was $1.2 million or $0.15 per diluted share for 2012 versus a net loss of $3,000 or $0.00 per diluted share for 2011 (see reconciliation of non-GAAP items);
- Organic loan growth, excluding loans acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions, of $44.2 million or 11% from 2011;
- Loans acquired through FDIC-assisted acquisitions increased $22.3 million or 25% from the first quarter of 2011;
- A decrease in provision for loan losses of $200,000 for the first quarter of 2012 compared with the same quarter for 2011;
- A significant decrease in annualized net charge-offs to 0.24% for the first quarter of 2012 from 2.80% for the first quarter of 2011; and
- A slight decline in nonperforming assets (NPAs) to total assets, excluding assets acquired in FDIC-assisted acquisitions, to 1.27% for 2012 from 1.29% for 2011.
Commenting on the results, Leonard Dorminey, President and Chief Executive Officer, said, "During the first quarter of 2012, Heritage Financial Group continued to post improving results. Excluding the effects of special items associated with acquisitions, net income per diluted share increased to $0.15 for the first quarter of 2012 versus essentially flat earnings in the year-earlier quarter. Importantly, this improvement reflected both organic growth across most of our markets as well as the contribution of two FDIC-assisted acquisitions completed during 2011. With respect to acquisitions, we are pleased with our integration activities over the past year, which have been very successful, providing us with a sense of optimism about the prospects for seizing additional opportunities to expand in the months and years ahead."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts