Schultz is stepping down immediately, while venture capital firm Accel Partners' Kevin Efrusy's resignation from the board of directors will be effective as of the company's annual meeting in June. Groupon stated in a press release that Daniel Henry, the chief financial officer of American Express (AXP) had joined the board and Robert Bass, a vice chairman of Deloitte LLP should join its board after a shareholder vote at the annual meeting.
"With their deep financial, accounting and operational experience, Dan and Bob will provide invaluable expertise to the Board going forward," said Eric Lefkofsky, Groupon Chairman.
Groupon has been besmirched by accounting issues since its IPO, when it used a controversial method of accounting to inflate its revenue drastically. It recently restated fourth-quarter earnings, citing a shift in the company's fourth-quarter deal mix and higher price offers, which have higher refund rates.Groupon could not immediately be reached for comment. Shares traded down sharply on Monday, down 10.56% to finish at $10.71. Interested in more on Groupon? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. Follow TheStreet Tech on your wireless devices. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/commodity_bull. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV