Cystic fibrosis may be a rare disease that only affect 30,000 Americans, Cramer concluded, but when the data say that your drug could successfully treat 46% of them, that news is a game changer.
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer said it's time to learn how to love the short-sellers, those stock skeptics that the bulls love to hate. Cramer said that yes, short-sellers can be wrong or early with their doom-and-gloom predictions, but in today's trading, they could have saved investors a bundle.
Cramer said that the short-sellers predicted shortfalls at Fossil, MAKO Surgical (MAKO), Rackspace and Dendreon (DNDN) and all of these companies were hit especially hard as those predictions all came true in spectacular fashion.
Turns out that sometimes the skeptics can be right after all.
--Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C.To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. Click here to sign up for Jim's Daily Booyah to get the Mad Money recap delivered to your inbox.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV