Americas United Bank (OTCBB: AUNB) today reported net income of $129,000 in the first quarter of 2012 (1Q12), compared to a net loss of $1,194,000 in the first quarter a year ago (1Q11).
“Strong operating results which included improved credit quality, improved cost controls, and deposit portfolio restructuring contributed to improved earnings for the first quarter compared to the first quarter a year ago,” stated Adriana M. Boeka, President and Chief Executive Officer. “Our changing deposit mix reflects continuing growth in customer relationships and determined efforts of our staff.”
1Q12 Financial Highlights
- Net income applicable to common stockholders was $129,000, or $0.04 per basic and diluted common share.
- Core deposits increased by 4.8% compared to year end 2011.
- Nonperforming loans declined to $946,000, or 1.32% of total loans at March 31, 2012, from $1,384,000 at year end 2011.
- The total allowance for loan losses as a percentage of total loans was 3.84% at March 31, 2012, compared to 3.58% at December 31, 2011.
- Total risk-based capital ratio was 25.80%, Tier 1 risk-based capital ratio was 24.52%, and Tier 1 leverage ratio was 17.31% at March 31, 2012.
In 1Q12, net income applicable to stockholders was $129,000, or $0.04 per diluted share, compared to a net loss applicable to stockholders of $1,194,000, or -$0.41 per diluted share, in 1Q11.Credit Quality Nonperforming loans totaled $946,000, or 1.32% of total loans at March 31, 2012, compared to $1,384,000 or 1.89% of total loans three months earlier and $922,000, or 0.99% of total loans a year ago. During the first quarter of 2012, the reduction in nonperforming loans was primarily due to two loans that migrated out of nonperforming due in part to one being reimbursed by the SBA as it was guaranteed and one being due to sale of the business that netted the bank proceed from the sale. Thus, the net decrease as compared to the prior quarter-end is approximately $437,000.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV