Among other highlights in our generic -- our Global Generics business, we saw continued strong U.S. sales of generic Concerta, and we launched 3 new products in the first quarter, including generic versions of LOVENOX, YAZ and Prometrium and in the second quarter, launched generic VANCOCIN.
All of our key international markets experienced growth in the quarter, including U.K., France, Greece and Australia. We continued to expand our pipeline globally with 6 new patent challenges in the U.S. and 28 new product submissions globally. In our Global Brands business, we had strong sales of key promoted products including RAPAFLO, Generess Fe, Gelnique and CRINONE. We also launched last week Gelnique 3% pump. The new product is available in a convenient metered-dose pump that is shown to be effective and safe, and a safe treatment for OAB. We initiated a Phase III U.S. trial of Esmya for the treatment of anemia associated with uterine fibroids. The trial is expected to be completed by early 2013, and we also plan to submit the NDS for the product in Canada by mid-2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV