Dow Today: Boeing (BA) Lower
The Dow Jones Industrial Average (^DJI) is trading down 36.0 points (-0.3%) at 13,192 as of Monday, Apr 30, 2012, 1:35 p.m. ET. During this time, 278.7 million shares of the 30 Dow components have changed hands vs. an average daily trading volume of 747.3 million. The NYSE advances/declines ratio sits at 1,045 issues advancing vs. 1,914 declining with 133 unchanged. Holding back the Dow today is Boeing (NYSE:BA), which is lagging the broader Dow index with a $1.06 decline (-1.4%) bringing the stock to $76.21. This single loss is lowering the Dow Jones Industrial Average by 8.02 points or roughly accounting for 22.3% of the Dow's overall loss. Volume for Boeing currently sits at 3.4 million shares traded vs. an average daily trading volume of 4.2 million shares. Boeing has a market cap of $57.67 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The Boeing Company, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, development, manufacture, sale, and support of commercial jetliners, military aircraft, satellites, missile defense, human space flight, and launch systems and services worldwide. TheStreet Ratings rates Boeing as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, compelling growth in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Boeing Ratings Report.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV