Former United States Securities and Exchange Commission attorney Willie Briscoe and the securities litigation firm of Powers Taylor, LLP are investigating the sale of Sunoco, Inc. (“Sunoco” or “Sun”) (NYSE: SUN) to Energy Transfer Partners, L.P. for shareholders. Under the proposed merger, Sunoco shareholders will receive only $50.00 in cash, 1.0490 shares of Energy Transfer Partners stock, or $25.00 in cash and .5245 shares of Energy Transfer Partners stock for each share of Sunoco stock owned, which amounts to a total of approximately $50.13 per share, which is below the target price recently announced by analysts.
If you are an affected investor, and you want to learn more about the lawsuit or join the action, contact Patrick Powers at Powers Taylor, LLP, toll free (877) 728-9607, via e-mail at email@example.com, or Willie Briscoe at The Briscoe Law Firm, PLLC, (214) 706-9314, or via email at WBriscoe@TheBriscoeLawFirm.com. There is no cost or fee to you.
The definitive acquisition agreement involves a cash and stock transaction with a total equity value of approximately $5.3 billion. The deal is expected to close in the third or fourth quarter of 2012.
The investigation centers on whether Sunoco shareholders are receiving adequate compensation for their shares in the buyout, whether the transaction undervalues Sunoco’s stock, and whether Sunoco’s board attempted to obtain the highest share price for all shareholders prior to agreeing to the deal. According to Yahoo! Finance, at least one analyst has stated that the true inherent value of Sunoco shares may be as high as $51.00 per share. According to shareholder rights attorney Willie Briscoe, “Based on the relatively low premium price and other factors, we are investigating whether the transaction undervalues Sunoco stock. Our lawsuit will seek to obtain the highest share price for all shareholders.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV