Synovus Financial Corp. (NYSE - “SNV”), the Columbus, Georgia-based financial services company, today announced the selection of Sean Simpson as Business Banking Group Executive.
Simpson will direct the company’s Business Banking activities and guide the development of enterprise-specific Relationship and Client Banking programs across the Synovus footprint.
“Sean’s long record of successful leadership in Business Banking, Commercial Lending, and Retail Sales, make him the ideal person for this position,” said Wayne Akins, Chief Community Banking Officer. “His extensive experience and expertise will benefit our entire organization.”
Simpson joined Synovus in 2003 as Group Retail Executive/City Executive for the Bradenton market of Synovus Bank of Florida, a division of Synovus Bank. He was promoted to Community/Regional Executive before becoming Regional Chief Operating Officer in 2008. Prior to joining Synovus, Simpson worked for AmSouth Bank (now Regions) in Birmingham, Clearwater, Tampa, and Naples. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Finance from Auburn University and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of Florida.About Synovus Synovus is a financial services company with $27 billion in assets based in Columbus, Georgia. Synovus provides commercial and retail banking, investment, and mortgage services to customers in Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina, Florida, and Tennessee. See Synovus on the web at www.synovus.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV