NEW YORK (
TheStreet) -- Last week, Bernstein Research analyst Todd Juenger
In this article, I assess Juenger's contention. Then I consider whether or not his scenario has any chance of unfolding. I close by discussing the larger ramifications for Netflix and the overall media space.
The Netflix Value Meal
When you stop and think about it, it's as unhealthy as McDonald's (MCD) used to be and still can be. You pay Netflix $8 a month and plop your kid down in front of the computer so he or she can consume hours upon hours of iCarly and SpongeBob reruns. This approach to child rearing can bring on the munchies, pack on the pounds and save some families cash if they cut all or part of the cable cord. How many kids really know or care if they're watching the latest episode of SpongeBob or the reruns Viacom sells to Netflix?
This decision is a result of our strategy to protect the premium nature of our brand by preserving the appropriate pricing and packaging of our exclusive and highly valuable content. With our current studio rights and growing original programming presence, the network is in an excellent position to evaluate new opportunities and expand its overall business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV