ECB Bancorp, Inc. Reports 2012 First Quarter Results
ECB Bancorp, Inc. (NYSE-Amex:ECBE) (“ECB” or the “Company”) today reported its financial results for the three months ended March 31, 2012.
2012 First Quarter Financial Highlights
For the three months ended March 31, 2012, net income totaled $377,000 compared to a net loss of ($1,084,000) for the three months ended March 31, 2011. After adjusting for $265,000 in TARP preferred stock dividends and the accretion of warrant discount, net income available to common shareholders for the three months ended March 31, 2012 was $112,000 or $0.04 per diluted share compared to a loss of ($1,349,000) or ($0.47) per diluted share for the three months ended March 31, 2011.
Other Financial Highlights include :
- Consolidated assets remained relatively flat at $916,274,000 at March 31, 2012 versus $916,571,000 at March 31, 2011.
- Loans decreased (10.1%) to $491,383,000 at March 31, 2012 compared to $546,641,000 at March 31, 2011.
- Deposits decreased (1.8%) to $772,597,000 at March 31, 2012 from $786,754,000 at March 31, 2011.
- Net interest income decreased (3.5%) to $6,528,000 for the three months ended March 31, 2012 from $6,768,000 for the same three-month period a year ago.
- There was no provision for loan losses charged to operations for the three months ended March 31, 2012 compared to $3,930,000 for same period last year. Our allowance modeling indicates that no additional provision was necessary, primarily due to the decrease in total loans outstanding, reduced charge-off levels, and adjustments for loan loss migrations within the portfolio as previously announced. For the quarter ended March 31, 2012, net charge-offs totaled $706,000 or .57% annualized of average loans, down (64%) compared to first quarter 2011, which totaled $1,958,503 in net charge-offs representing 1.4% annualized of average loans.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV