Dolby Laboratories Inc. Stock Upgraded (DLB)
- DLB has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 7.19, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for DOLBY LABORATORIES INC is currently very high, coming in at 95.50%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 31.30% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $95.79 million or 35.58% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DOLBY LABORATORIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -35.83%.
- DLB, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.8%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 15.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $86.39 million to $73.16 million.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts