6. AT&T/Samsung Galaxy Note via Best Buy ($300 with two-year contract)
You can't sell unless you get your client's attention, and out in the wild, with all its mobile distractions, attention is the scarcest resource. While you should not confuse the Samsung Galaxy Note for a smartphone -- this thing is far too big for that -- it makes a surprisingly effective presentation tool.
Whip this baby out and people will notice.
I found that Samsung's roughly 5-inch diagonal screen is crisp, bright and easy to read and its AT&T (T) 4G LTE connectivity is blazingly fast. You will find not only the 8 MP outward-facing camera solid, but the 2 MP front-facing camera excellent as well. Plus the unit comes with a stylus and software that allows you to mark images and take written notes. The Note takes a bit of gadget jujitsu to make all the parts work, but if you connect it to a mobile projector (see item 5) and do your homework, you will have a heck of mobile presentation system.Even better, the Note has been a cosmic -- and I mean cosmic -- flop. Consumers run from this thing because of its size and complexity. So deals can be had. Start at Best Buy (BBY) and drive as a good a deal as you can.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV