10 Most Expensive Trips to the Ballgames in 2012
NEW YORK (MainStreet) -- Major League Baseball season is in full swing, but some fans' wallets are already in late-season form.
The price of the average ticket to a Major League Baseball game hasn't changed since last season, holding at $26.98. It's a somewhat different story when it comes to the price of taking a family of four to a game and paying for parking, a program, a cap, a hot dog, a soft drink and a beer. The cost of the whole package is up 2.5% to $207.80, according to Team Marketing Report's Fan Cost Index.
Even early in the season, there are some fans taking a bigger loss on the cost of a ticket than others. We looked over the standings and found 10 teams whose ticket prices are hitting well above the league average:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV