These are professionals who decided to try to decipher what can't be deciphered and tried to extrapolate what couldn't be extrapolated: the number of iPhones that were sold based on what Verizon (VZ) and AT&T (T) were saying.
This "analysis," of which Jefferies was the key proponent, led you dramatically astray because Apple is much more of an international company that these people realize. Like with Intel (INTC), where China is the main market, you would do better if you looked at Chinese distributors than you would at Verizon or AT&T.
But these poorly reasoning critics got a lot of the fluff out of the stock and brought in a lot of shorts, so I guess, as my trust is a shareholder, I should be thankful.
From now on the best way to extrapolate Apple sales is to do a worldwide canvas of sales and not to limit the sample.If you can't do it? Then shut up. Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, was long AAPL.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV