From a product point of view and here I will refer you to revenue information in the slides provided online. Our telecom component revenues were up $1.2 million in the quarter, partly due to initial shipments of 10-gig modulators that had been impacted by the flood previously.
Our telecom modular revenues were down by $2.1 million with 40-gig relatively flat and a decrease in our 10-gig product. Amplification, filtering and optical routing revenues were up $3 million in the quarter, primarily as a result of increased production output on flood recovery product lines.
Industrial and consumer revenues were up $1.1 million in the quarter with high power laser revenues up as a result of flood recovery, and VCSELs for consumer applications up after a seasonably weaker December quarter. Fujitsu was our only greater than 10% customer this quarter at 16%, leaving a nice diversification of our remaining revenues broadly across our other major customers.
Our non-GAAP gross margins in the quarter were 16% compared to 13% in the previous quarter, as we need meaningful progress in recovering our gross margins towards pre-flood levels. We are particularly pleased as March tends to be a challenging quarter on gross margins, because much of the new customers pricing takes effect January 1. R&D expense was $15 million in the quarter down from $17 million in the prior quarter as a result of our cost control efforts.SG&A expense was $14.9 million compared to $14.4 million in the prior quarter. The prior quarter had a one-time benefit for collection of a previously reserved bad debt. SG&A for the three quarters preceding December had averaged $16.8 million, so the $14.9 million in the March quarter continues to represent a significant decrease from earlier run rates. Stock compensation included in cost of sales. R&D and SG&A in the quarter was 460,000, 350,000 and 860,000 respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV