DANBURY, Conn. (AP) â¿¿ Industrial gas supplier Praxair Inc. said Friday that it elected a senior executive from international metals company Rio Tinto Ltd. to its board of directors to help Praxair expand its global operations.
Praxair said Bret Clayton's election to the board was effective Tuesday.
Clayton is currently group executive of business support and operations at Rio Tinto, a position he has held since 2009. Prior to joining Rio Tinto, Clayton worked for the accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers for nine years,
Praxair is the largest industrial gas company in the Americas, with 2011 sales of $11 billion.Praxair shares rose $1.14 to a record close of $116.47. The stock is up 9 percent since the start of the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV