When asked what the market potential could be for this technology, Lucier said the market opportunity is in the billions for just cancer patients alone and Life Technologies expects to sell thousands of its new machines.
Lucier also responded to criticism that the company relies too heavily on government subsidies and research grants. He said those fears are largely overblown and even during times of budget cuts, the budget for this form of research will never fall to zero.
Given that Life Technologies just posted a great first quarter on record sales, Cramer said the company remains a great investment, giving investors multiple ways to win.
No Huddle OffenseIn his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer illustrated the difference between a buyable dip versus a dangerous one. He said that the declines in Starbucks (SBUX) and Celgene (CELG) are buyable ones, as both of these companies are in growth mode.
But the declines in Procter & Gamble (PG) and Deckers Outdoor (DECK) are a different story. Cramer reiterated that Procter has lost its way and has raised prices too much and is losing share. As for Deckers, the company's famed Uggs footwear may have run its course, as all brands are known to do from time to time.Cramer said he would also not be a buyer of Ford (F) nor any disk drive makers, as global weakness is trumping any good news that may be coming out of the U.S.
Lightning RoundIn the Lightning Round, Cramer was bullish on Spectrum Pharmaceuticals (SPPI), Duke Energy (DUK) and Roundy's Supermarket (RNDY). Cramer was bearish on Allscripts Healthcare (MDRX). --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To contact the writer of this article, click here: Scott Rutt. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC. Click
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV