NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Investors rejoice but traders beware. Those were Jim Cramer's words to his "Mad Money" TV show viewers Friday, as he laid out his game plan for next week's trading. He explained that Friday's unemployment data could wipe out any gains for the week, but that will only give longer-term investors a chance to buy on the cheap.
Executive DecisionIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with T.J. Rodgers, president and CEO of Cypress Semiconductor (CY), a stock that received a 10% haircut after it lowered expectations in the first quarter, but is still yielding 3%. Rodgers admitted to "screwing up" in the company's first quarter, albeit not as badly as they initially projected. That said, Rodgers noted that the company's guidance for the remainder of the year is conservative. "The only way for us to mess up now is to not execute," he concluded. Putting his money where his mouth is, Rodgers also noted that he recently purchased 500,000 shares of Cypress stock, a bullish gesture that Cramer said is not seen by many CEOs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV