Informatica Corporation (INFA) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology loser. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Informatica Corporation fell $3.32 (-6.7%) to $46.64 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.6 million shares of Informatica Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.75-$47.94 after having opened the day at $46.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.96. Other company's within the Technology sector that declined today were: Maxwell Technologies (MXWL), down 39.2%, Allscripts-Misys Healthcare Solutions (MDRX), down 35.7%, TeleCommunication Systems (TSYS), down 21.9%, and Digi International (DGII), down 16.4%. Informatica Corporation provides enterprise data integration and data quality software and services worldwide. Informatica Corporation has a market cap of $5.34 billion and is part of the computer software & services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 47, equal to the average computer software & services industry P/E ratio and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 35.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Informatica Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and nine rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Informatica Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Informatica Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about INFA
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV