Marriott International (MAR) pushed the Leisure industry lower today making it today's featured Leisure loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Marriott International fell 24 cents (-0.6%) to $39.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.1 million shares of Marriott International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $39.42-$39.87 after having opened the day at $39.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.77. Other company's within the Leisure industry that declined today were: Bluegreen Corporation (BXG), down 12%, Pizza Inn Holdings (PZZI), down 8.5%, Good Times Restaurants (GTIM), down 8.5%, and Famous Dave's of America (DAVE), down 7.8%. Marriott International, Inc. operates, franchises, and licenses hotels and corporate housing properties worldwide. Marriott International has a market cap of $12.92 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 50.4, below the average leisure industry P/E ratio of 70.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 30.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Marriott International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Marriott International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Marriott International Ratings Report.
- Use our leisure section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MAR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV