Marriott International (MAR) pushed the Leisure industry lower today making it today's featured Leisure loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Marriott International fell 24 cents (-0.6%) to $39.53 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.1 million shares of Marriott International exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $39.42-$39.87 after having opened the day at $39.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $39.77. Other company's within the Leisure industry that declined today were: Bluegreen Corporation (BXG), down 12%, Pizza Inn Holdings (PZZI), down 8.5%, Good Times Restaurants (GTIM), down 8.5%, and Famous Dave's of America (DAVE), down 7.8%. Marriott International, Inc. operates, franchises, and licenses hotels and corporate housing properties worldwide. Marriott International has a market cap of $12.92 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 50.4, below the average leisure industry P/E ratio of 70.9 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 30.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Marriott International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Marriott International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Marriott International Ratings Report.
- Use our leisure section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about MAR
Marriott International Becomes #33 Most Shorted Nasdaq 100 Component, Replacing Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV